Welcome to day two of festival week, boho babes! One of my favorite things about going to so many festivals in the summer is all of the incredibly fun DIY projects that can be done to prepare for them. I compiled by top 10 favorite festival inspired DIY projects to get you festival chic and boho ready in no time at all.1. Give a t-shirt from fringe detail - Festivals are all about the fringe! An easy way to boho up any tee or tank is to add a little fun fringe to the bottom of it. This festive DIY will have your tanks full of fringe and looking chic. [caption id="attachment_3528" align="aligncenter" width="670"] 10 favorite festival inspired DIY projects - DIY Fringe tank[/caption]
2. Crochet a fun crop top - Nothing says festival style like a super fun crop top! This crochet DIY project is a great way to have fun creating your own! If you're all about those crochet needles, then this is the project for you! I only wish I knew how to knit... I must add that to my list of things to learn how to do!
3. Temporarily ombre your hair - I absolutely love fun colored hair! Heck, you don't have vividly red hair without loving some color! One of the hardest things about dying your hair...is actually dying it! And the awful bleaching that often goes with it. This simple temporary hair dying project the perfect festival inspired DIY because it gives you those fun, flirty colors without actually having to spend the time, energy, and money actually dying your hair.
4. Create a fun pair of sunglasses - A regular pair of sunnies is always a must, but why not spice them up and make them festival fabulous with some adorable flowers?!
5. Turn Jeans into Cutoff Shorts - This is probably the easiest DIY you could possibly do to prepare for festival season. It's so simple to cut an old pair of jeans into the perfect pair of shorts. The thing I really love about this DIY though is that it also explains how to distress the denim so it looks intentional rather than like plain ol' cut offs.10 favorite festival inspired DIY projects[/caption]
7. Create a fun arm party with DIY bracelets - Ain't no party like an arm party because an arm party don't stop! Every time I'm at a festival, I see girls with arms and arms full of fabulous bracelets! These adorable bracelets are the perfect festival inspired DIY project! They are really easy to make and can be worn at a festival and away from it, too.
8. DIY a fun choker - Everyone knows that the 90s are back! And that means all sorts of chic chokers. These fun DIYs will be perfect for your festival wardrobe. They are quickly becoming a boho girl's essential, just like they've always been a staple of the cool, chic girl.
9. Make your own dream catcher - While dreamcatchers are something that you can take to a festival, they are completely boho chic and a wonderful festival inspired DIY! Create one to hang up in your home as the perfect bohemian decor item while also using it to project all of your dreams.
10. Add fun patches to your shorts - Adding patches to your denim shorts is an extremely easy festival inspired DIY project! All you need are patches and an iron. You can use shorts you already have or a pair of jeans you just cut off into shorts. Want to make it even more festival-esc? Try finding some vintage patches! If not, there are so many amazing places to buy patches right now.
So whether you're going to Pitchfork, Lollapalooza, or more, I hope my 10 favorite festival inspired DIY projects will help you enjoy all of the festivals in absolute style.